Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



I'm having a lazy day at home with my boys. Brian headed out of town to spend a couple of days with his mom before attending a work conference. Before he left, he spent Friday working from home and preparing my Mother's Day gift. I came home Friday afternoon to find my "weed bed" transformed back into it's orginal intent - a lovely herb bed. He planted new season herbs, tarragon, basil, dill, fennel, lemon thyme and cilantro. He also planted two rows of candy cane beets and Easter egg radishes. The crowning touch was my very own Brown Turkey fig tree! You can see the fig tree and some of the herbs in this picture - please disregard the dandelions!


This afternoon T&A came into the kitchen and annouced they were giving me my present now. It turned out to be a car wash and detail. I actually had to drive them down to the car wash, but they did all the interior vacuuming, cleaning out all the disgusting food, trash and sunflower seeds from several seasons of Little League games and wiping down of all the surfaces. Then we all got to ride through the car wash for the finishing touch. We love that! We all had a laugh when, as soon as the car was clean, the rain started. Oh well, it is nice and clean and organized inside again for the time being.
Tonight, after Taylor's baseball practice, we are going to walk out to our favorite sushi place for dinner. All in all, a nice relaxing day.
I hope all the moms I know are able to enjoy their day.
More later...

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Sounds like you had an awesome mothter's day! Very nice.... oxox